1907 AD The Rollinson Family was one of the original families who owned land in
West Orange. It refers to Valley Road in the ad but it is Main Street today. At this time the road from
Washington Street to Northfield Avenue was known as Vallery Road. The name changed to
Main Street as it is known today circa 1930s.
1907 AD This hat factory once sat on Main Street in West Orange across from White Street.
The building was razed in the 1960s.
1907 AD The City View Hotel was located on Mountain Avenue in West Orange below Eagle
Rock at the end of the Eagle Rock trolley line. A rare postcard of the hotel is in the new West Orange book. Apparently the
owners of the hotel also had a cafe on Main Street. But since Main Street in West Orange didn't exist at this time it
would have been Main Street in Orange.
1907 AD At one time the name "Llewellyn" was used in ads because of the popularity
of Llewellyn Park.
AD UNKNOWN VINTAGE (POSSIBLE (1930s) A more graphic illustration on the use of the name "Llewellyn"
used specifically to target residents of Llewellyn Park.
AD CIRCA 1940s
CALLING CARD 1928 These calling cards were used by the graduating class of West Orange HS
AD CIRCA 1940s Green's Hotel
|Submitted by Ward Jennings
Llewellyn Garage business card circa 1955
RELATED LINKS WEST ORANGE HISTORY
RETURN TO HOME PAGE