A partial view of the Erie Railroad freight yard in West Orange in May of 1918. This steam engine was built
in 1880. It was Erie # 1278 when it saw service on the Orange Branch. The chimney seen to the left in the picture is that
of the hat factory that once was on the corner of Main Street and Mt. Pleasant Avenue across from White Street. The houses
seen to the right are on White Street. Where West Orange Town Hall is today would be to the extreme left.
A rare postcard view of the Erie Railroad West Orange station about 1909. It was located on Main Street
next to St. Marks Church which is not seen but would be to left. This view would be looking from Main Street.
This is the Erie Railroad crossing Park Avenue in West Orange circa 1940s and it shows a view of Llewellyn
Station. Llewellyn Station was the first station in West Orange before the line was extended in the 1880s to the station built
on Main Street. The Edison factories and water tower can be seen in the distance. Today a Delta Gas Station would be to the
left of where the station is. Also, the E.L.Congdon lumber yard which is still in existence would be to the right.